McGuigans To Reunite

It has been over 160 years since two brothers, Henry and James McGuigan left their beloved family and home in Ireland for an incredible adventure searching for gold in the far distant land of Australia. I am travelling from Australia to our ancestral homeland to meet McGuigan relations living in and around Maghera Northern Ireland. Our McGuigan family has lived in this area since the 1700's and possibly even earlier. This historic journey back to Ireland with its majestic scenery, inspiring people and history promises to be filled with excitement and amazing discoveries culminating in the gathering of the clan at Maghera on Sunday 22nd July 2012 for a day of joyous celebration. My much anticipated adventure begins on Friday 29th June 2012......

Wednesday 1 August 2012

Day 33 Perth Western Australia Thursday 2nd August 2012

I am writing this final post from my computer at home - YAY and I thank God that I am now safely in the arms of my wonderful husband, Dave and my two gorgeous sons, Ben and Nick. It was so great to see them last night waiting patiently at the airport given my flight was delayed about 40 minutes!

Dave had prepared a lovely dinner and after catching up with all the news I went to bed at 9pm and woke at 12pm today. That's 14 hours later - OMG I have never slept that long before! There is certainly no place like home or being in your own bed. I could have slept even longer but I thought I had better get up as I would never sleep tonight.

I will add some final thoughts to this blog in the next few days once I am over this jet lag so please check back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment